How to Install and Configure Yoast SEO
Let’s start to Install and Configure Yoast SEO. Mostly Yoast SEO and All in One SEO plugins are using for WordPress SEO. But I think yoast plugin is mostly using from all in one SEO plugins. Because yoast SEO plugins is very popular plugins now days. Now in this post I am going to teach how to install and configure yoast SEO plugins. Very less bloggers knows about configuration of yoast SEO plugins. But today I am going to give you yoast SEO plugin configuration setup step by step with screen shoot. And I will also show you every option function of Yoast SEO plugins. By configure yoast SEO plugins you will make bitter rank in search engines.
Install and Configure Yoast SEO-Step by Step Guide
Yoast SEO pluign is one of the perfect and free plugin for WordPress blog. Yoast SEO plugins will help you to make your post SEO friendly. This plugins will show you the different SEO technique in your posts. Like yoast SEO Plugin will help you to optimize your Title, Heading, Images, and show you the correct keyword density. If you are using Blogger then I have already done a post. You can read it by click here (Complete SEO Setup in Blogger). Ok let’s start about WordPress SEO. For WordPress Yoast SEO plugins is better. I personally use free version of this plugin. If you are using another one or still not install I recommend you install this plugins. Yoast SEO plugin provide us A to Z SEO feature. And the good thing is that anyone can install and configure this plugins in just a few minutes from this guide.
Now let’s start to Configure Yoast SEO Plugins
Before SEO setting in Yoast SEO plugin. We must need to know first that which services yoast SEO plugin provides. And how can we do SEO Setup in this plugin. Here I will give you all detail about yoast features. These are the feature of Yoast SEO plugin which is given below.
Follow below steps and Install and Configure Yoast SEO:
- Blog name and company personal details setup
- Submit & verify your blog to Google, Bing,Yahoo & Yandex
- Advance Security Setup
- Pages Advance Setup
- On-page integration daily (New feature)
- Title, Meta and Title Separator setup
- Readability Analysis and Keyword analysis
- Site home page and Meta Description
- Meta Control Like pages, Posts types, Taxonomies, Archives and others
- Facebook graph and Twitter Card setup
- Add Google Authorship for single author
- Create XML sitemap Automatically
- Manage User sitemap and Excluded posts.
- Hide date from search engines snippets
- Breadcrumbs setup
- Confirm your blog with your pintrest account
- Advance permalink control
- Rss feed footer plugin setup
- Import or Export SEO setup
- Robot.txt file and .htaccess folder setup
From one plugin these all setting is impossible. I mean only Yoast SEO plugin can provide these services. That’s way a lots of bloggers are using this plugin. Now I hope you will bitter know about this plugin. You should use it.
Now let’s know how to use Yoast Plugin in WordPress
Let’s come on main point that how to use Yoast plugin in WordPress for getting good traffic from Google and other search engines and increase your traffic analytics.Install and Configure Yoast SEO
Complete Configurations Guide of Yoast Plugins in WordPress
As I show you the value of this plugin and I also suggest you must use this plugin. Because Yoast SEO plugins is better from other SEO plugins. If you have installed other plugins uninstall these plugins and install Yoast plugin. I am sure it will be prove bitter for your blog. But if you want to import other SEO plugins backup to this plugin. Then you can upload it. By that you don’t need to do any SEO setup again.
Now I am going to give you complete guide with screen shoot. If you don’t want to read article then just follow screen shoot and easily Install and Configure Yoast SEO.
Yoast SEO Dashboard IN WordPress-Install and Configure Yoast SEO
For Installation and Activating Yoast SEO Plugin follow below method.
- First Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go>Plugins>Add New.
- Now Search Yoast SEO Plugin
- Install & Activate
- That’s all
Step # 1 Advance Setup Features:
- First of all install & activate yoast SEO plugin in your WordPress. Then GO>SEO>Dashboard
- By clicking on Dashboard a new page will open in your WordPress and that is Yoast SEO plugin dashboard. Here you will see a lots options.
- Click on Features option and enable “Advance Setting Pages“
- By clicking this option you will see your blog Title, Meta Description, social Data, and other SEO notification. Keep this option enable.
Onpage..org:If robot leave any post of your site form un-indexing or due to other problem. Form here you can fix it.
Admin bar Menu: From this option you can also find third party notification.
Step # 2 Blog name and company personal details setup:
- Here you can write your company name or person name.
- If you want to show your default website name then leave it blank. Don’t write anything.
- But if you want to show your company name or your personal name.
- Click on the option choose anyone company or person and write here your name or company name.
Step # 3 Webmaster Tools Verification:
Here you will past Webmaster tools verification codes. When you submit your blog or website to search engines webmaster tools.
- They wil give you a Meta tag for verification.
- This verification tag you will past here and webmaster will verified your blog by the tracing of this tag.
- Here you can past only Yahoo, Bing, Google and Yandex search engine verification tags.
Step # 4 Security Setup:
This feature is for especially for those bloggers. Who have many authors for writing and doesn’t trust on his author then they need to enable these options. Otherwise for 1 author no need to enable.
Titles and Metas:
Step #1 General
In yoast plugin here is no need to use title separator. This option will separate your title so leave it default or disable it.
Now in Titles and Meta page click on Homepage tab and do the setup of your homepage.
Title: What name you want to show in search engines.
Description: By searching of homepage what should you want to appear in search engines. i mean what description you want to shows in search engines.
Step # 3 Post Types
This is the most important part of Yoast Plugin. Here you can set your posts and pages that how should show your post and pages in search engines.
- Click on Post types
- Set %%title%% in template. Due to that search engine will show your post title online.
- Leave this blank empty. If you wrote something here then search engines will search only this description not your posts descriptions. Which is playing main role in getting traffic.
- If you want to hide your post date then choose hide from the options.
Now you done posts and pages setting go to another option. For beginner leave it default. Because default setting is very better.
step# 4 Taxonomies:
Category and tags is not important to index. Because these can create problem to visitors that’s way no need to index. Choose noindex option or hide. But if you want to index then select index option form the options. Friend now a day’s search engines finding results in blogs of category. So i recommend keep it index.
Step#5 Author archives settings:
Here you can hide your pages like /page/3/. I recommend hide your page form search engines. i hope it will be bitter for your blog rank.
Now you need to noindex all these option. Because Google officially forbidden from these features. Disabled “Meta Keyword Tag” Because now days Google and other search engines didn’t use meta keyword tag. They are using Title tag for getting queries.
Step # 6 Other Setup:
Now that’s all you did all advance Yoast SEO setup in WordPress. Now let’s move on to another feature of this plugin. Which is also very important for SEO.
Step #1 Your Social Profiles:
In Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins you can also show your social media profile in Google search engine. Like if you want to show your Facebook, Twitter, Google plus or other social media profile. Then add your social media profile links in this section. Which is given below
Step #2 Facebook,twitter, Google
Here you can add special Facebook,twitter and Google open graph meta data.
Step # 4 Pintrest
Here you can submit your blog to pintrest. During submitting pintrest will give you a Meta tag for verification. And that Meta tag you can add here.
Step #1: Your XML Sitemap;
Click on enable sitemap now click on save changes after that yoast plugin will automatically generate your sitemap. After creating sitemap you can
Submit it to Google search console and other search engines.
Step #2: Sitemap
In front of Author/User sitemap choose disable option. Because Yoast will automatically update your sitemap.
Step #3: Post Types
Only post and pages have needed to index not other Medias click “not in sitemap”.
Step # 4: Excluded pots:
Leave it as default.
Step # 5 Taxonomies
If you want to add categories and tags then choose “In sitemap” options but if you don’t want to index then choose “not in sitemap.
Advance Setup Yoast SEO Plugin:
Step # 1: Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs are also not important for search engines. Because in Breadcrumbs have only post category and keyword. Which have already available in Post title and descriptions. So disable this option not important for SEO.
Step # 2 Permalinks
In Advanced permalinks you can set your custom permalink. After enable this option you can create your own custom post URL or link.
If you want to show post category in search engine then choose keep to show category in search engines. But if you want to show complete post link then choose remove option in the options. But the bitter option is watch the screen shoot and do it like shown in photo. It will be bitter for your blog.
Step # 3: RSS
This feature will automatically shows in your blog post. You can also make it more special. Here you can set that how to show site link and title.
You have to add content to put after front of each post “%POSTLINK%%appeared first on%%Bloglink%%.”
This feature is also consists of three option. In this featured you can change or edit your post robot.txt file and .htaccess folder easily. Here you can also change your post and pages description and title.
Here you can also create double title feature for your post. Double title mean one for search engines and another one are for post.
- Bulk Editor: Here you can edit or change your Blog descriptions and Title.
- File Editor: Here you can edit Robot.txt and .htaccess file easily.
- Import and Export: Here you can import your last SEO plugin data and also export your desired plugin data. Export mean download and import mean upload.
If you want to connect Yoast SEO plugin with Google Webmaster tools. Then you can. After connecting you can fix crawler errors direct form here.
No need to open search console tool. You can control every tool of search console from here.
For that you must need to click on setting and “Re-authenticate with Google”. After clicking on Re-authenticate with Google. Google will ask form you are you really want to connect Google console with Yoast SEO plugin. Click on Allow option in the appeared page. After getting authority your search console will connect with your Yoast SEO plugin. From here you can direct fix desktop, Smartphone and other crawler errors.
This post will help you to Install and Configure Yoast SEO. If you face any problem then don’t hesitate to ask. You can ask your question in comment section. To know more about SEO Visit our SEO>WordPress category and learn about WordPress SEO plugin. You can also take help form us. Send us your problem through contact forum. We will make your blog complete SEO.